28 weeks of construction done!
After our “email battle” last week we felt a little better about what was to be done at our home to finish it up by 13 May 2016. Basically the following had to happen:
- finish pre-paint prep (bit of plastering, sanding, gap filling etc) and address outstanding noted issues (bricks laying outside of tolerances, air con concerns, wonky bulkheads etc)
- Brick clean
- external paint
- balcony rail installed
- Garage door
- internal paint (including clear coating of stairs and front door)
- electrical fit off (installation of switches/lights etc)
- plumbing fit off (taps etc)
- installation of appliance
- site and house clean
- all relevant inspections
From the emails were thought we would see the pre-paint prep happen this week and maybe some of our issues be addressed.
What has happened – and there may have been more progress today – amounts to –
- balcony railing installed (looks good too!)
- Kitchen cabinetry fixed for the concealed range hood, missing cupboard door installed and handle-less laundry cabinet doors installed.
- a little bit of pre-paint preparation – still needs a fair bit of plastering and sanding and maybe even some cornice to be done
- Also looks like they cut/removed some plasterboard to have a look at the air con ducting kinks to assess them.
I do like the balcony railing – neither of us can remember selecting the colour but are happy with it! (sorry about the dark picture)
So progress is happening, just not really the rapid movement that i was hoping for. Have my doubts that the painter will be there anytime soon. Though we do have the electrician coming on 6 April so i guess the painting will be done by then?
I’m looking forward to my weekly update to see what’s happening tomorrow and next week!
So yesterday Friday 18 March we had a bunch of tradies on site.
It looks like they fixed up some of the bricks and we now have a garage door. Also they moved our man hole into the correct place so it won’t impact on our wardrobe installation.
So good bit of progress this week and there is a tradie there today (Saturday) as well!!